Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Hieroglyphics Trail




In January, 2009 Liz took the kids for a hike on the Hieroglyphics Trail in the Superstition Mountains. Alek complained most of the way up the trail, "I'm not going to make it, I'm so hungry," "I'm going to pass out," "Please, can't we go back, I can't do this". Then of course he saw the end in sight (and heard there was water there) and he ran up ahead. He made it to the end of the trail at least 20 minutes before his mom, sister and brother did. Once we were there, we didn't stay long, the rocks were so slippery that, even while sitting down, Brady would start to slip toward the water. On the way back, Brady had to be carried the entire way! Go super Liz! (Yep, I carried him all by myself.) And Alek even said he was glad we went...oh the drama!

No comments: